Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dad!

I forgot to mention in the earlier post, but I wanted to wish a very happy birthday to my father who is one of the most important people to me in my life. I am always thinking of you, especially when I get frustrated and feel as though I cannot live here anymore and want to simply return home, because instead of encouraging these ideas you remind me that these feelings are normal for adjusting to being away from home; much more for living in a third-world country. You give me courage and strength when I need it most, and your faith and confidence in me to succeed in whatever I choose to pursue means more to me than you can imagine. I would not be here if it were not for your love and guidance over the years, especially in helping me decide where to attend school because if it had been up to just me I would have stayed close to home and not had the amazing experiences that I have. I apologize for any worries I may have given you, since I know you do so much for the the whole family and would lay down your life for us if you had to, and I want you to know on this day that I love you and miss you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment